1) Chris Heatherly - I met Chris at the Methodist Mother's Day Out in Angleton, Texas when I was 3 years old, and he's been my best friend ever since. I'd undoubtably have died during adolescence without him. I know that he's counts it a miracle that I never managed to get him killed.
2) Dave English - If Chris has the most longitude, the Dave has the most breadth. Because we both took Roger Renwick's Folklore of the British Isles, I know allea, griffjon, and an enormous host of others. And he remains one of my best friends in the world. He's a friend that I can spend 36 hours around and never feel the awkward need to speak if I don't have something to say. He was the best roommate I've ever had.
3) griffjon - I met this man through Dave, and he introduced me to motive_nuance, but he's not just an intermediary. He's a monster in his own right, and the man whose experiences I'm the most jealous of. ESL in Venezuela, Peace Corp in Jamaica. He can out-dance and out-code me, and still find time to read Gabriel Garcia Marquez in the Spanish. Damn.
4) motive_nuance - Most people never get the chance to know what they'd be like if their lives had taken different turns, but motive_nuance is my alter ego and One True Brother in A.D.D., and I understand myself infinitely better for having known him. He also introduced me to about four-fifths the people on my friends list.
5) don_negro - Once upon a time I was blessed with the opportunity to meet myself, pretty objectively and without drugs. It hurt like nothing else ever has, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
There is so much I could say, about these men and others, but this will have so suffice for now.